- to sustain positive states that have already arisen
- to arouse positive states that have not yet arisen
- to abandon negative states once they have arisen
- to guard against negative states so that they do not arise.
New Year's Resolutions
Take a few minutes to run through the past year in your mind. What do you recall? What stands out? Are there particular highlights? What about low points? Which experiences, activities and events seem to have been positive, useful or enjoyable? Which were more negative, unsettling or difficult? Which seem more neutral?
- What is worthy of celebration from the past year?
- At what times did you live in alignment with your values?
- What would be good to do more of?
- What would be good to invoke?
- When did you not align with your values?
- Have you done what you set out to accomplish in the
- In terms of what you hoped to achieve, what got
- What valuable personal or professional lessons have
- What would be good to release from or let go of?
- What in your life is not serving you?
- What aspects of my life are beneficial and are worth maintaining?
- What aspects of my life are beneficial and are worth developing or strengthening?
- What aspects of my life are not beneficial and need changing?
- What aspects of my life are not beneficial and need avoiding?